This is the story of my wanderings, thought processes, and collections as I take walks through the community in which we live. The findings are literal objects collected on the way as well as the thoughts they may provoke.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Petrified Books

Surely by now everyone has seen the new book sculptures which appeared at the Marriott Library at the start of the school year. Being a lover of books and the process by which they are made I found them a welcome addition. The Library also houses a large rare books department that I would also highly recommend checking out. What has everyone else thought? You may also vote for your favorites.

1.
2.

3.


4.



5. My favorite, a Gutenberg Bible. The first book printed by moveable metal type.

7.
8.
9.
10.

2 comments:

  1. My vote is for number 2. I think this was the first one I noticed. I first thought it was a little city before I approached and studied it. It makes quite the nice little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative blog idea. You've done a great job incorporating the visual and using it as a starting place for your verbal reflections.

    ReplyDelete