This is the story of my wanderings, thought processes, and collections as I take walks through the community in which we live. The findings are literal objects collected on the way as well as the thoughts they may provoke.

Monday, September 28, 2009

New Value

An interesting article in which the author tells of two sides to any designed piece. It's historical context and the context we give to it through our own memories.

http://observatory.designobserver.com/entry.html?entry=10767

The trash I have collect during my experiment was, in all cases, designed for a particular purpose. (i.e. bbq invitation, beer label, etc) However, as I encounter the tossed-away-remains I give them new meaning. Through analysis and critique value is found in an object which was originally given no value and was littered away.

No comments:

Post a Comment